Monday, October 13, 2014

-vm in eclipse.ini is not considered during the eclipse launch in mac os x

I was facing this issue, I have multiple Java versions installed in my Mac system and I wanted to change my eclipse default Java version.

I have configured -vm parameter in eclipse.ini file in mac os x, but some how this parameter didn't take effect.
-vm
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java

To resolve this issue, I have followed the below link.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10352715/how-do-i-run-eclipse-using-oracles-new-1-7-jdk-for-the-mac

What worked for me is, configuring libjvm.dylib path in the eclipse.ini file and info.plist file.

eclipse.ini
-------------
-vm
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib

info.plist
----------
<key>Eclipse</key>
<array>
<string>-vm</string>
<string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib</string>
</array>

Add above entry in the last.

info.plist file can be found in below location:
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment