Thursday, August 1, 2013

GIT: Unlink of file 'com.x.xx/a1.jar' failed. Should I try again? (y/n) y during the pull

Unlink of file 'com.x.xx/MINIFY.jar' failed. Should I try again? (y/n) y

I was getting this issue, while pulling the code from the server using below command.
>git pull origin Dev


What I observed was, I kept it opened "build.properties' file, where all my dependent build jars are specified of a plug-in and that was causing the issue.

This could mean that another program is using the file, which is preventing git to sync the repository changes with the local changes. Sometimes the file may not be actually open in eclipse but may have been opened by a process run by eclipse. In this event, try closing the file in any applications that might have used it. If that doesn't work, completely exit any applications which may have opened the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment